Tuesday, August 5, 2008

God Stilled Me: Testimony of a Parkinson's Sufferer

CBN recently aired this testimony of Cindy Asmus, a 44 year-old woman who was healed of Parkinson's disease:
That was Wednesday night Bible study. We had come to church," Cindy remembers. "It wasn’t this big, special night that anything particular happened. We always have a prayer request at the end and we pray for needs. At the very end of that, the pastor walked over—which he had done so many times before and prayed for this illness to leave. As he started praying, it was like I began to shake a little bit more. I don’t even know how long we prayed. All of a sudden, everything stopped, every bit of shaking stopped. All I kept thinking was I’m not shaking. I’m not shaking anymore. That’s all I kept thinking because I hadn’t been able to still my hands in months. It was so unreal to just sit there and be still and not have any part of my body move ...

I can tie my shoes really fast now. I can run upstairs instead of where I could hardly walk up stairs. I can write a clear sentence. I can eat with a spoon, a fork. I can cut with a knife, which I couldn’t do before. There is so much to be thankful for that I can get up and I can do the things that, when I was ill, could not do.



You can read the full testimony here.

No comments: